Monday, August 18, 2008

Sad Days!

Hi Everyone. As you all know, I am doing my student teaching in St George, and Gardner is living in Cedar until around the 1st when we can move into our townhome. I went home for the weekend and everything was going great. Gardner works graveyards, so his body is totally messed up as it is. He woke up Saturday with a headache and said he was going to go back to bed. That was the last time I saw or talked to him coherently until Sunday when he was leaving the Cedar hospital to go to Provo for emergency brain surgery. We just went through this whole shunt replacement 6 months ago, so I was an hysterical mess, which I still am just not as bad! I couldn't miss my student teaching so his parents took him to provo to have surgery which went well. He is recovering now, but I can't explain how scary this has been once again. I often ask myself why things like this go on because it is right in the middle of everything!!!! We are trying to move and find a job in St George so we don't have to be apart! I guess there is a reason for everything. Maybe he hasn't been able to find a job because heavenly father knew this was going to happen and didn't want us to not have insurance. It may have been a blessing in disguise, but it still sucks! He has lost some of his short term memory, which is a new experience for me. I am trying to be strong and have faith and praying that everything will return to normal soon! The doctors' are hoping to discharge him Wednesday the 20th which would be great. He will be coming to my grandma's with me where I can watch and help. I just ask that if you are reading this to please pray for him to heal 100% quickly. I love him so much and just want him to be healthy again! Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

CJ Armstrong said...

Meg- I love you both and you are in my thoughts and prayers. It will be okay. Let me know if I can do anything.